Commercial transportation in Lagos State is a veritable source of revenue however, there are statutory requirements that commercial transport operators must abide with to keep making money in the state.
One of it is presenting their vehicles for inspection to determine if it is road worthy or not. And currently, the Lagos State boasts of ten Lagos Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centres, LACVIS, where commercial vehicles are inspected before getting their Road Worthiness Certificate.
Today, we want to look at tips to make commercial vehicles pass the LACVIS inspection.
The question is, what kind of vehicles falls under the commercial category?
Vehicles such as buses, pick ups, coaches, trucks and trailers. You can clarify if your vehicle falls under the commercial category from a designated officer.
Question 2: What are the specific things that will be checked in a commercial vehicle?
At any of our LACVIS centres, the inspection exercise will look and evaluate the following parts and components of the vehicle to make sure they are in good condition and road worthy:
- Exhaust system
- Windshield wipers.
- Turn signals
- Headlamps,Brake lamps and other lights.
- Seat belt
- Coupling devices
- Frame and attachments
- Stop lamps
- Tail lamps
- Trailer bodies
- Wheels, rims and hubcaps
Question 3: What can a commercial vehicle owner do to ensure that it passes the inspection?
- The best way is to keep your vehicle in top shape and address any potential issues before they occur.
- All repairs and maintenance to the vehicle should be performed by a qualified individual or mechanics such as Automedics.
- Most importantly, check your tires and make sure they are not expired and have a thread depth of 1.6mm.
- Ensure that your lights which are Lights, bulbs and electrical signals are not malfunctioning as they can be can be a safety hazard. This includes the headlights, high beams, low beams, brake lights and turn signal.
With all these, if you know what the inspections will cover, it will help more commercial vehicles to pass the inspection.